Welcome to Our Practice
New Patient Special
New patients receive:
- Comprehensive Exam
- Digital X-Rays
- CT Scan Referral (If needed)
Call to inquire about pricing and schedule your initial evaluation
(A $395 value)
Periodontics & Implantology
Although you have a number of restorative options for the treatment of missing teeth, none have proven to be functionally effective and durable as dental implants. In many cases, dental implants may be the only logical choice for the restoration of all necessary functionality of the teeth and supporting structures.
Crown lengthening is for patients who have discussed with their periodontist the fact that they have a gummy smile because their teeth look too short. Your teeth are actually the proper length, but are hidden by too much gum tissue.
More than 30 million Americans are missing all of their teeth in one or both jaws. By the age of 74, 26% of adults have lost all of their permanent teeth. 69% of adults ages from 34 to 44 have lost at least one permanent tooth as a result of an accident, gum disease, a failed root canal or tooth decay.
Comprehensive, leading-edge care
- Comprehensive evaluation
- Antibiotic therapy, antimicrobials, and host modulators
- Scaling and root planing
- Complete periodontal surgical care
- Bone grafting/regeneration
- Soft-tissue grafting/Alloderm /regeneration
- Platelet-rich plasma for improved healing
- Advanced implant surgery
- SimPlant computer-simulated placements
- Sinus grafting and ridge augmentation
- Cosmetic gum surgery
- Occlusal adjustments and the splint therapy
- Fresh-breath program
- Vibraject™ needles for painless injections
- Laser Dentistry
- Oral Cancer Screening with Velscope Vx
For your comfort & convenience
- Convenient location
- Oral sedation & nitrous oxide
- Warm scented towels & blankets available
- Music & stereo headphones
- Most major dental insurance accepted
- Financing available
- Visa, MasterCard & Discover welcome
- Emergencies are seen promptly
Our office is conveniently located at 8630 Fenton Street, Suite 212 in Silver Spring, MD. You can call us at
"Dr. Van Gennip is very thorough and professional, yet is also very kind and friendly. He cares deeply about his profession, and loves to explain (to both his patients and his staff) what he is doing, why he is doing it, and the research behind it."
"I had a very good experience using Dr. van Gennip for my dental implant. He's very friendly, timely, work was done well and healing was fast. I know most people dread going to the dentist, I do too but he made the experience as pleasant as it could be. I would definitely recommend him!"
"And that's saying a lot from a former "chicken" dentistry patient who used to need laughing gas just to have her teeth cleaned. Dr. van Gennip and his team are the best - they are caring, compassionate, kind, and professional.Thank you!!"